Stepping Into Management Two Day Course
September 19 @ 9:00 am - September 20 @ 5:00 pm£525
Stepping Into Management is a practical two day workshop covering all the essentials around being a manager. It’s informal, informative and fun – with absolutely no death by PowerPoint!
Participants are introduced to a range of proven tools and techniques to support them in their roles. Course leader, Denise Chilton, has more than 15 years’ experience managing people and teams, so she is happy to share her mistakes – so you don’t have to make the same ones!
All participants can contribute to the outline of the day. You will be asked to complete a short questionnaire about your own objectives so Denise can ensure everyone leaves feeling supported with their particular issue(s).
Fed up of sending your people to London for courses? This two-day course will take place in Avenue HQ on Liverpool’s iconic waterfront. Groups are kept small to encourage openness and conversation. There are 8-10 places available.
The course is ideal for people who are:
- New managers
- Aspiring managers
- Looking to enhance existing management skills
- Business owners with a growing team
And/or people who are:
- Lacking confidence in their management skills
- Struck with Imposter Syndrome and feeling “not good enough” at management
- Feeling that they’re not doing management “right”
- Have never had “proper” management training
Stepping Into Management Course covers:
- The Essentials – Introducing the role of a manager and the responsibilities and expectations of a manager. Plus, the things no one ever speaks about!
- Motivating Self and Others – Exploring the internal factors for motivation and the role of personal values when motivating self and motivating others
- Managing and Appreciating Differences – Cultivating good working relationships; understanding and appreciating different personality types to get people to perform at their best
- Managing Yourself and Your Relationship With Time – what to do when everything is urgent!
- Self Care – keeping well as a manager – asking for help, setting boundaries, identifying early warning signs of overwhelm.
- Delegation – Why it is important to delegate; what to delegate and when not to delegate; how to delegate effectively and to whom?
- And more…