Coaching Supervision provides professional support for coaches who want to enhance their skills and develop a safe and ethical coaching practice. Denise has over 10 years of experience as a Professional Certified Coach and is a qualified Coach Supervisor with an ILM 7 Certificate and Diploma in Coaching Supervision. As both a Professional Coach and Coach Supervisor she works to the ICF Code of Ethics.
Coaching Supervision is ideal for:
- Recently qualified coaches
- Qualified coaches running their own coaching practice
Coaching Supervision is delivered by telephone or virtually by Facetime, Skype or Zoom.
Coaching Supervision can help coaches to:
- Develop coaching skills and/or coaching practice to ensure a quality service
- Confidentially review and uncover ethical issues
- Accelerate professional and personal development
- Develop skills, knowledge, resilience and confidence
- Explore unconscious behaviours or biases
- Attract the clients you want to work with
The frequency of Coaching Supervision sessions is dependent on the number of clients a coach is working with. As a guideline every 8 to 12 weeks is typical.
Building regular supervision into a coaching practice means coaches can work more effectively and safely with their clients.
Coaching Supervision is required as part of the Code of Ethics/Practice for members of AC, ICF or EMCC. It is a hugely valuable tool, supporting coaches at all stages of their development to expand their range, deepen their practice and develop their own ‘internal supervisor’.
All coaches have blind spots and can get caught up in unconscious dynamics with clients. They can get stuck with a client and seem unable to move them forward. As a qualified Coach Supervisor, Denise gives coaches a safe and confidential space for coaches to engage in reflective conversation about their practice, helping them to build awareness of their own reactions and responses and providing feedback.
- Opportunity for coaches to reflect on themselves and their coaching practice
- Different approaches to common issues that clients bring to coaching
- Support for you and your clients
- Help to maintain and raise quality standards across the coaching profession
- A place to review potential ethical issues
- Support to avoid getting caught up in unconscious “stuff” that impedes the coaching
- Support building resilience, managing boundaries and reducing burnout
Each Coaching Supervision agreement is unique. Coaching Supervision for new coaches pays particular attention to developing confidence and fine-tuning skills. For more experienced coaches, Coaching Supervision can deepen self-awareness and provide an opportunity to reflect on more complex situations. Denise will agree on roles and responsibilities and areas of focus with the coach.
Denise is an amazing coach who has gained my total respect and trust. I tried for a long time to find a coach that challenged me professionally and whom I trusted to challenge and coach me personally. Denise is intuitive and creative in her coaching and pushes me in a way that no other professional has done before. I admire and respect her ability to tune in to the issues in hand and to apply the right amount of questioning and support to enable me to find answers that address today’s challenges. I highly recommend Denise.