- Award winning, commercially aware executive coach with a warm, empathetic and challenging approach.
- Natural ability to engage and connect with people at all levels, creating a safe space for them to work in.
- Strengths based, solution focused, intuitive and insightful.
- Skilled at enabling people to raise their own levels of self-awareness and gain a greater understanding as to what’s going on beneath the surface.
- Excels in motivating and stretching people to be the best they can be.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic self-motivated leadership development specialist with drive, ability and a positive “can do” attitude.
- High levels of infectious energy make facilitation and delivery, real, fun and impactful.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, heightened emotional intelligence and excellent communicator.
- Ability to remain calm in emotionally charged situations and normalise complex situations.
- Leading through rapid change and volatility
- Complex decision making
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Improving working relationships
- Dealing with conflict
- Improving service delivery
- Business strategy
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Building resilience and confidence
- Managing time and work life balance
Executive Coach and Leadership Development Specialist
Denise Chilton Ltd
March 2007 – Current
Executive coaching assignments with Executive Directors/Senior Managers.
- National Museums Liverpool
- NHS England (approved external coach GP Development Programme since 2015)
- Merseyside Police
- University of Liverpool (approved external coach, L&D facilitator provider since 2017)
- Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust (approved external coach and L&D facilitator provider since 2014)
- Macmillan Cancer Services (approved external coach provider since 2013)
Business Innovation Coach
Local Growth Hub, Liverpool City Region
Since 2014 – Current
- Providing leadership coaching, mentoring and business support to leaders of high grow SME’s in LCR.
University of Liverpool
March 2015 – July 2017
- Reporting into Pro Vice Chancellor responsible for all University-wide enterprise and entrepreneurship activities.
- Assisting with the development of a more coherent, visible and joined-up enterprise strategy across the University.
- Working across the three University Faculties and with the Careers Service, enrolling professional service and academic colleagues to help facilitate the roll-out and growth of the enterprise agenda. Resulted in Entrepreneurship agenda incorporated into the University’s 2020 Strategy
- Managed the relationship with Santander Universities team, local Santander Business Managers and Business Growth Hub Manager in Liverpool.
Associate Business Coach and Trainer
June 2010 – July 2011
- Supporting the creation of social enterprises and small businesses across the Liverpool City Region, providing IAG on all aspects of small business operational and strategy development.
- Supporting businesses and social enterprises with funding applications and growth plans.
Qualifications & Education
2020 – Certificate in Team Coaching (Virtual) – Team Coaching Studio
2019 – CTI 3 Day Leadership Experience
2017 – ILM Level 7 Coaching Supervision
2014 – Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
2013 – Qualified practitioner in Strengths Profile and Strength scope
2013 – ILM 5 Clean Language
2012 – Systemic Modelling in Clean Language Certificate
2012 – Organisational and Relationship Systems Coaching (ORSC) Fundamentals
2012 – Enterprise Mentor, Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
2011 – Common Purpose Meridian Leadership Programme Graduate
2011 – CTI Certification Programme, Associate Certified Coach ICF
2010 – CTI Core Curriculum Coaching Programme
2009 – Approved Accelerated Learning Trainer ITOL Accreditation
2008 – Mental Health First Aid Trainer
2006 – Corporate and Professional Stress Management Diploma – Distinction
1979 – 8 GCSEs including Maths & English
- High health and well-being value. Practice yoga, swimming, cycling, tennis, dancing.
- Passion for supporting women’s development. Mentor on Santander Mentorship Programme for Women in 2018 and provide support for leaders of a local project supporting vulnerable women.
- Previous panellist for late night live show on BBC Radio.
- Life motto – Live life to the full!