Team Coaching helps teams achieve more together, improve engagement and get results. It helps teams engage and improve relationships with their stakeholders, develop their collective leadership and adapt more of a team mindset. Working with an external team coach the focus is on helping the team to improve performance, and related processes through reflection and dialogue.
Team Coaching has the greatest impact on:
- Leadership teams implementing a new strategy or initiative
- Leadership teams facing a new beginning e.g. during or following a restructure, a new team project, dealing with rapid change
- Leadership teams seeking to develop and improve working relationships
- Teams working virtually
- Teams based in different locations
After an initial enquiry, Denise will speak in depth with you taking the time to thoroughly understand the desired objectives for Team Coaching.
There are a number of recommended steps in the Team Coaching process.
- Introductory meetings with the team as a whole to establish commitment.
- Team member interviews and individual assessments e.g. DISC and Strengths Profiler to identify team strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities.
- One day off-site which aims to set the stage for change, create an alignment between individual and team goals and debrief the assessments. It is an opportunity to design a team charter document outlining the team’s purpose, vision, goals, working agreements and measures of success. This one page summary enables the team to see at a glance what they set out to do, how they will do it and how they will know they have been successful.
Team Coaching requires commitment from all the team and works best with sessions taking place regularly over a period of months.
Working with an external team coach can help teams:
- Develop their collective leadership
- Adapt a team mindset
- Engage and improve relationships with their stakeholders
- Facilitate conversations that otherwise would be avoided
- Encourage equal contribution and participation
- Create psychological safety and build trust
Denise is an amazing coach who has gained my total respect and trust. I tried for a long time to find a coach that challenged me professionally and whom I trusted to challenge and coach me personally. Denise is intuitive and creative in her coaching and pushes me in a way that no other professional has done before. I admire and respect her ability to tune in to the issues in hand and to apply the right amount of questioning and support to enable me to find answers that address today’s challenges. I highly recommend Denise.
I have experienced Denise’s coaching and training, at a one to one session, and also a formal training session at Mersey Maritime Ltd. As well as incisive coaching expertise, Denise provides very practical tools for personal development, which proved invaluable to me during a time of significant career transition. I have one of Denise’s strategic planning techniques drawn on my office noticeboard, and use it regularly. Denise has a unique and highly effective approach. No jargon. No loud, over-demonstrative presentations. Just solid and insightful training and coaching.
Coaching supported me through a career change. I now work for a much bigger company in a completely different sector and I am receiving some great feedback. The scope of the role is bigger, the salary is bigger, the package is better and my whole standard of living has improved.
The biggest benefit of coaching to me professionally was the ability to prioritise the strategic and operational goals needed to take our charity forwards and to bring coaching in to help others. We have now started to roll out coaching to everyone within the organisation.
Denise helped me to take my business to the next level. Anybody wishing to develop themselves should really take the time to speak with Denise. She is highly inspirational, immensely personable and has the skills and attitude to make a substantial difference to her clients.
Working with Denise has helped me to see how much I have achieved in my role and how much Irish Community Care have grown in my time there. But I have also realised that there is still more work that I can do, so it reaffirmed my passion for my job and allowed me to refocus my energy. I also understand myself so much better now. Denise has helped me to reaffirm my self-confidence. I can recognise that I have strong leadership skills and a good vision where I couldn’t before.