Name: Lucy Shenton
Job Title: Career’s Trainer at a Higher Education Institute
Type of Coaching: Career Coaching
Lucy was considering a change of direction in her career but was not sure what she wanted to do or how to move forwards. She was feeling despondent about where she was in her career and her achievements so far
- Coaching conversations and meaningful reflection helped Lucy to move past deep-seated thoughts and behaviours that were holding her back
- Visualisation helped Lucy look into the future and think about what she needed to do to get there
- Connecting with various aspects of herself enabled Lucy to look at situations from different perspectives
Personal Coaching helped Lucy to:
- Gain clarity on what she wanted to do
- Develop confidence in herself and her achievements
- Adopt a more positive mindset
- Feel optimistic about where she is headed next
- Let go of negative mind chatter
As a result of the coaching, Lucy has undertaken a coaching qualification and set up her own coaching practice.
“I am in a more positive place. My mindset has fundamentally changed, and I don’t think it is something I will go back on. I look at things in a different way now. I have been able to let go of the negativity and feel confident to move forwards.
“Coaching was powerful and transformational, and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is looking to move forward in anyway or trying to gain clarity or momentum. Denise is incredibly empathetic, and I felt she really understood my situation. She is very committed to you as an individual and in supporting you to move forward.
“She was definitely a champion for me; my cheerleader. I really have only got positive things to say about the experience”